Friday, January 21, 2011

Tired of Bodily Fluids

This afternoon, I came home tired after spending much of the day at school. Listening in on Nathan's class's script reading, lunch with the hubby, Chinese character writing activity, Chinese class, caught the student bus home at three.

So forgive me if after changing my daughter's poopy diaper, I decided to let her play on the floor naked-bottomed to air out for a few minutes while I rinsed her cloth diaper.

Less than two minutes later, she had peed on the floor.

So I cleaned her up. After that, I thought, well she just pooped and peed, what better time to let her play and air out her little bottom? Her room is fairly safe, so I settled down on the couch while she was content playing by herself.

Five minutes later, she's a little quiet, so I decide to check on her. Surprisingly she has just decided to find me too, so she's smiling brightly from the doorway where she crawled to find me. How cute, I think, as I walk over to pick up my cooing daughter.

And then I see it.

The poop. Obviously kneeled in, played with, and drug across the floor to her doorway. Oh, boy, I think. Your father is going to love me for this one.

I decided to do my best wiping her down with baby wipes and strip her of her clothes, before putting her directly into the bath. I was hoping her daddy would walk through the door any minute.

So now I have a half clean baby, poop all over the floor, and I need to draw her a bath. I decide the safest place to put her is in the bathroom with me, so I set her on the floor while I set her baby bathtub on the counter and start the water.

She starts peeing.

Are you stinking kidding me? Really!???

I turn off the water, move her away from the puddle, run to the other end of the house for a towel, wipe her off once again, and put the towel over the pee. Start the water again, fill it, put her in, and let her play until her daddy comes home, about five minutes later. He takes over on bath duty, and I start scrubbing the floor.

30 mins later and she's dressed, dry, and fed. Ah, time to relax and put her down for a nap.

Instead she just puked on the floor. Probably from the poop she ate. Just great.

5 comments:

denisemayen said...

This is such a lovely tale of motherhood. :) I can totally relate!

Kristen said...

Yup. :) You'll never make THOSE mistakes again!

girltravelor said...

Haha, knowing me I probably will. Except maybe the leaving her alone with it...

p&k said...

What? No pictures?

Actually, I'm thinking that this post was probably "just right" without the visuals. Great story, Ruth!

Anonymous said...

Pardon me while I fall off my chair laughing. Thanks for sharing! Hopefully you can laugh about it soon too... :)