Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Friends

Lizbeth loves people. And people love her.

She has made it incredibly easy to meet new friends. Everywhere we go people love to smile and talk to her, Chinese and foreign alike. What's great is that she loves to smile and talk back.

Last Sunday at Starbucks, we met a college aged Chinese girl. She brought out her camera to show me pictures of her niece. My Chinese is to the level I can converse fairly easily about surface level things so I enjoy talking to new people. Eventually, she asked if she could take pictures of Lizbeth. Afterwards I gave her my e-mail address so she could e-mail them to me, and I hope to stay in touch. In America, I would be surprised if a stranger actually followed through, but Chinese are true to their word! Two days later, these showed up in my mail box. She also included her contact info so I can get back in touch with her. What a great new friend!

From December 2010


From December 2010


From December 2010


From December 2010


From December 2010


From December 2010

No comments: