Monday, January 24, 2011

Meant to Be Friends

I have a very weird habit. I eat syrup on my eggs.

The story goes that when I was young, just learning to talk, my mom asked what I wanted for breakfast. Not sure how to say it, I went to the fridge and pointed to eggs and syrup. Even though my mom thought it was strange, she scrambled some eggs and put syrup on top. Somehow I communicated that what I really wanted was french toast, but I ate it anyways.

I have eaten my scrambled eggs this way ever since.

Now before you yell about how gross this is, think about it. Eggs are really just a base, without much flavor. They are a part of all sorts of sweet flavored recipes such as cakes, pudding, and cookies. Somewhere along the line someone decided salt and pepper, or even tabasco or ketchup, sounded good, and now that is how the majority eat their eggs. (both of the latter of which I find disgusting, I might add)

Never in the world have I met someone else who eats their eggs this way. Until now.

My best friend over here, Jacquelyn, and I just discovered that we both eat our eggs this way. In almost every other way we are completely opposite, but in the ones that really matter (haha) it turns out we are exactly the same!

Next time you have some eggs, try it :-)

From January 2010

4 comments:

p&k said...

So here's my thought: although I've never eaten my eggs this way, upon reflection (inspired by your post, of course), I'm thinking that eggs and sugar makes tons of sense.

My FAVE Chinese dish for years was Egg and Tomato. Do you know how much sugar goes into that dish? It's crazy. AND yummy!

Kayla said...

Hey now! I love syrup with my eggs! It always runs over from the pancakes and seeps in quite well ;)

I.MISS>YOU!

Orchid Mama said...

although we might be "opposite in every other way" your husband and I are the same which could also be a sign that we were ment to be friends ;-)

Sweet Lil' Mama said...

i love putting an egg on top of my pancakes and smuthering it w/maple syrup!!!!!! my fav!