Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to you from a world away! It was definitely different celebrating in a country without the holiday. There were still hints of Easter around. While shopping Jacquelyn and I saw a lady and daughter with two green chicks-yes, live, and yes, dyed! And there's been an even larger amount of pastel dongxi running around the stores-even more than usual.

We however, are blessed with amazing friends on both sides of the world that made the weekend feel more like home. Our AWESOME friends in Texas, along with my absolutely amazing, best you could ever dream of sister, sent us a wonderful Easter package. Here's a pic of some of the stuff they sent-and that's after I ate a few chocolates and shared some of the candies around. How they managed to fit all of this into one box is incredible. Anyone packing tight should ask Rebekah for advice.

From Easter


In the box, you'll notice they sent an egg dying set. This came quite in handy as our friends the Carmans hosted a fantastic egg decorating party. Turns out, our dyes from Texas were the only ones fresh enough to really work, especially on the brown eggs (white eggs are apparently incredibly hard to find in Qingdao). I guess somethings are not worth stocking up on from the States. I tried to get all fancy with my eggs (hey I have a reputation to live up to as an art teacher!) but unfortunately they didn't turn out so well. Oh, well, there's always next year.



Well, I hope you all are doing well and that you have a fantastic Easter Sunday! Here's a few more pics of our holiday weekend!

Our beautiful city at sunrise Friday morning:
From Easter


From Easter


A really funny shell we found:
From Easter


My amazing husband always with his flute:
From Easter


Coloring eggs-3 and 4 year old style!
From Easter


From Easter


Anna being silly:
From Easter


Sunday afternoon:
From Easter


From Easter

2 comments:

rj said...

=D =D =D =D SO glad that package made it to you & was enjoyed by many!! ;) That post totally made my day... thanks, friend! And HAPPY EASTER!

This Crafty Mom said...

awe, those are great pictures... you two look so very happy! it makes me miss u 2!