Saturday, April 4, 2009

April Showers

Wow, it's April already! I can't believe it. The switch of months passed me by as we were out of town for the week. The only notice that I took of it being April was the little pranks our 7th Graders were playing on April 1st.

Every spring, all of the secondary department of our school goes on Spring Trips. Each grade has their own week long trip, 6th grade to 12th, and they are quite exciting! This year we went on the 7th Grade trip, a tour of our province. It was really interesting! As a new staff and new to China I really enjoyed getting to see all of the significant sites around our province. We hope to have pics up soon, but our camera battery died along, with the power converter, so we're just now able to charge it back up to get to the pictures.

Our 7th graders are a particularly great group of kids. It was an awesome week of hanging out, seeing the sites, and getting to know them better. I had two "girl" nights, where I did make-up and hair, and lots of time running around and laughing with them. I also had the opportunity to talk with all of the kids about the five love languages and how they apply to their relationships with friends and family. It was a good week.

Hope to have pictures up soon!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Yay, I finally have your blog address. I'm glad you guys are doing well, I've been thinking about you lots. We've been doing okay, I'm not sure if you read my blogs, but I post on them quite a bit. One is just my regular blog and the other is a diabetes blog. Thanks for your email!

P.S. is it okay to add you to my blog list?