Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Miscommunication

So, I just made a post, but then I realized another thing that I needed to mention.

No, we are not returning to the States any time soon.

There has been some miscommunication recently that I wanted to address. Nathan posted on his facebook that he was getting on a plane and heading home, and we had several (excited) e-mails from people in the States asking why we were returning to the USA so soon. :-) Funny how easily things can get misinterpreted, and how fast things can spread!

I realized that what's even more interesting about this is how fast Qingdao has begun to feel like home. I know that is not what you all in the States want to hear, but it has been good for us to settle in quickly. Some days I still long for the familiar places of the USA (especially when I go grocery shopping) but overall, it feels really great to be here. Thank you all for your support in our decision to move international. We couldn't have done it without you!

2 comments:

rj said...

ah, this is GOOD news! that you feel at home where He has taken you... ;) so glad to hear it!

Daniel said...

I couldn't agree more. What makes you think that's not what we want to hear? Home is where your heart wants to go to rest. I think it's great that you feel like going home (To Qingdao) to rest and be at home.

I hope that Qingdao gets to be even more home-ly the longer you stay. =)