Thursday, December 20, 2012

Just To Make You Smile...

As always, Lizbeth is just talking away, but her thought processes and sentences are getting much more complex.  She keeps us amazed and laughing, that is for sure!  Here are some funny and sweet things she has said recently:

The kids share a room at night and their beds are right up against each other, allowing Lizbeth to crawl into his crib via hers.  After the kids had been put to bed (they often take quite a while to actually fall asleep) we hear Matthew crying.  Nathan goes in to check on him and the conversation goes as follows:

--------------------------------

L: Daddy, Matthew's sad.

N: Why is he sad, Lizbeth?

L: Because I stepped on his head.

--------------------------------

A few nights later a near repeat occurs, only I go in to check on Matthew.  When I open the door to their room, I see Lizbeth quickly dive out of his bed into hers and bury her head in the covers.

Me: Lizbeth, why is Matthew crying?



Me: Did you step on his head again?

L: No!

Me: Did you fall on him?

L: No!

Me: Well, what happened?



Me: Was it an accident?

L: Yes!  Yes, it was an accident!

Me: Well, what happened?



Me (at this point knowing that she caused his injury): Lizbeth, you're going to get in trouble if you do not tell me what happened.

L: I bit his finger!

------------------------------

One afternoon Nathan and I were having quite an emphatic conversation.  Not arguing, teasing each other a bit, but a little annoyed with each other regardless.  Awhile later Lizbeth asks me, "Mommy, are you angry?"  Teasing, and without thinking, I say "Only if your father keeps lying to me!"

Lizbeth exits the kitchen and goes up to her dad, "Daddy, you shouldn't lie to mommy!"

Needless to say, I have to watch what I say!  

------------------------------

For Nathan's birthday I purchased a keyboard for him.  Wanting to see if Lizbeth understood the concept of a "secret" I showed her a picture on the tablet and asked her if she thought we should get it for daddy. 

That night, as soon as Nathan walked in the door, Lizbeth exclaims, "Daddy, you have a new piano!"

Guess we'll have to work on that one :-)

------------------------------

This morning I found a pile of very neatly laid tissues on the floor.  I scolded Lizbeth for wasting tissues.

L: But mommy! My telephone wanted to take a nap!

Sure enough, underneath the "blanket" of tissues was her toy telephone. 

1 comment:

Diana said...

Smile? This is Art Linkletter stuff. Papa and I were laughing out loud. I love it. And you are right little ears pick up everything you are saying and have no trouble repeating it!! So glad you are capturing these moments. I'd love to have them in a book :>)