Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Crocheting

A few months ago I was inspired to start crocheting again.  I quite enjoy the art, but seldom find the time for it.  A sister of a friend introduced us to the idea of crocheting from plastic bags.  You cut the grocery bag into one long skinny strip of plastic and then use it as your "yarn".  Unfortunately, novelty wears off on me quickly and after the first two weeks I haven't touched it very often.  I do hope to finish it soon though.

This jump back into crocheting reminded me of the blanket I tried crocheting when I was pregnant with Lizbeth.  I would take the earlier staff bus home because I was so tired all of the time, then would sit on the couch and crochet and pray blessings into the blanket as I worked.  Unfortunately this is another project that didn't get finished.  So...even though it's been almost 3 years since I started, I pulled it back out and took a go at it again.

Lizbeth was quite mesmerized.  She wanted to help too.  I joke that it is taking me so long to finish her baby blanket she'll have to do it herself.

From 2012.11 November


Matthew loves the string too.  I let him tangle himself up in it a couple times before I decided untangling him was too much work (and maybe not the best for the yarn).  Not until I took some cute pictures first though :-)

From 2012.11 November



2 comments:

Chelsey said...

You can also make yarn out of old tshirts! It'll be fun for you to teach Lizbeth and Matthew those things and have projects with them as they grow older. Happy crocheting!

Diana said...

Oh, he is soooo cute I could just pick him up and smother him with kisses.

He'd probably cry and I would have to admit "It was an accident."

"I just squeezed him too hard."

:>)