Monday, August 6, 2012

Getting Back into the Swing of Things

As every year, the start of school begins a new routine for me as I figure out what life looks like after a long summer of running around.

Even though we arrived in China a week and a half ago, we spent the first couple nights in Shanghai to sight see, relax as a family, and do some doctor check-ups at the western hospital.

We then finally headed home to Qingdao late on the29th, and have been working to unpack, buy groceries, get over jetlag, and figure out what life looks like in China as a family of four.

Today was Nathan's first official day back at work, although he's been working most days at home or at Starbucks writing the fall play.  I'm excited to see how it all comes together!

Now I have to figure out what my life looks like for the next few months.  I'm not planning on teaching any classes at the school, although I will probably teach Sex ed for a month or so at the school I have taught at for the past three years.  As always, we have staff that didn't return and new incoming staff, so the community itself is different too.  I have the option of putting Lizbeth into a 2 year old class at the preschool, and I'm dragging my feet in coming up with a decision on that.  I'm planning on being very involved as a family in the drama, taking a pack-n-play up to school and making the kids our drama mascots :-)  Being that it's a highschool production, I'm sure there are several teenagers who will love "helping" with the kids.  I'm also trying to get more of a schedule going for the kids.  It seems to work to put them both down for a nap around 1:30 and from there I can count on 2-3 hours of silence from Lizbeth, though Matthew is still more of a wild card.  For the first time in a long time I'm not pregnant, so I am finding I actually have the energy to take advantage of this time! 

To sum up, I'm pretty excited about finding a rhythm again.  I'm trying to figure out what it all looks like to have a routine and not exhaust myself!  We'll see how the next couple weeks go and I'll give you an update. :-)

(hopefully I can get some pics up soon too!  Lizbeth is adorable and Matthew is huge!)

No comments: