Monday, August 13, 2012

A Little Bit Dry

So we're in the midst of potty training.  You might know from talking to me that Lizbeth was completely potty trained for more than a month back in February.  Then about a month before Matthew was born, she became bored with it, and we had to keep upping the incentives to get her to go in the potty.  About when Matthew was born, she gave up on it completely and when he was two weeks old I did what I thought I never would and put her back in diapers full time.  (This was after she had wet her pants four times in an hour in a shopping mall.)

Since then, we've talked about it a lot, but haven't pushed her to use the toilet.  She is fascinated with bathrooms so if she is in a new place, she'll go just so she can see the new toilet.  She also loves going at her preschool because they have tiny toddler sized toilets.  But it wasn't until just a couple days ago that she became interested again in staying dry, and as long as I remember to ask her every so often (and use some bribing too) she will stay mostly dry (poop is another story though, unfortunately).

Today during her "quiet time" (more on that for another post) she told me she needed to use the potty.  I forgot to have her go before she got in bed, so I wasn't surprised.  When I told her she could come out to use the restroom, I noticed she was walking just a little funny, but not waddling as much as she usually is when she wets her pants.  I asked her if her pants were wet.  She said no.  I asked if they were dry and she said no too.  I asked if they were a little bit wet, and she said,

"yes, but they're a little bit DRY too!"

She was right. 

The good news is that she is starting to control her bladder again on her own, stopping herself from wetting her bed.  What a clever kid.

No comments: