Monday, August 20, 2012

1st Day of School

Our school has opened up a new class, for 2 year olds.  Yes, two.  Turns out this is a very common thing in European and other non-American schools. 

Because our school really believes children should be at home as much as possible with their mom, but wants to meet the needs of the community, the schedule is completely flexible (meaning full days, half days, every other day, ect).  Therefore, we have chosen to put Lizbeth in for 3 half days.  This gives me the chance to get a little shopping done with just one tag-a-long and her the chance to "go see friends" as she is constantly asking to do these days.

She was supposed to start last week, but due to a fever that's going around, we had to postpone her first day to today.  Due to that same fever, now passed on to Matthew and me, I wasn't able to take her, but Nathan had fun taking his little girl to her first day of school.







1 comment:

annaminnie said...

Dear GirlTravelOR,

I found your blog through a post on havingababyinchina.com about the Qingdao Women's and Children's Hospital. I'm an American living in Qingdao, and I'm planning to give birth to my first baby at that hospital in December. I have a lot of questions regarding your experience there, and other questions regarding pediatric medical care in Qingdao.

Are you still living in Qingdao? If it's not too much trouble, do you think we could meet sometime to discuss it?

You can reach me at: annie.profatilova@gmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Anna