Sunday, March 11, 2012

First Braids

From 2012.2 February


Lizbeth has long straight bangs that hang down right in her eyes. Actually they're almost to her chin now, but still refuse to be tucked behind her ears. Unfortunately, most days she hates having her hair brushed, ponytailed, or clipped back, and almost anything I do seems to just slip right out after just an hour or two.

Well the other day I was looking at her hair and realizing that it is just about long enough to french braid, at least part of it. So I bribed her with chocolate and convinced her to sit down long enough for me to braid her bangs back. I was amazed at how long the braid stayed in-at the end of the day it still didn't look too bad, and was very successful at keeping her hair out of her eyes. We've done this many days since, and I think is both of ours favorite way to keep her hair in some sort of order. Beats fighting her to put her pony tail back in every couple hours!

From 2012.2 February

1 comment:

p&k said...

So sweet--and a great ponytail alternative!! :)