Sunday, December 4, 2011

Winter Ball 2011

Last night was our city's annual Expat Charity Winter Ball. This is our third year attending, and my second year volunteering on the decorating committee. I love a good excuse to get all dressed up and eat a five course western meal, and of course getting a new dress is a perk as well. :-)

I have to say though, this was the first year we weren't able to go with the Carmans, and I missed them the entire time! Last year Jacquelyn, our friend Valerie, and I got ready together, such a girlie fun time of good memories. This year neither of them were going, and I missed them both.

Valerie did do my hair, which was AWESOME :-) The theme this year was 1930's Hollywood. It was the first year to have a theme you could really dress up to, and it was fun to see what small touches people came up with. I decided to not try and do a themed dress, as it already had to be maternity. But Val did a fantastic job with my hair, and many people complimented me on it, as well with the authenticity of it. Yes, we did use a Youtube video for inspiration...

Anyways, on to pictures. (These are for you JK!)

In the foyer for hor d'ouvres in front of the ice sculpture
From Winter Ball


Nathan performing with our school's Jazz Band for the pre dinner entertainment
From Winter Ball


The table. Lots of black, white, and glass.
From Winter Ball


Bread and wine for when we first sat down.
From Winter Ball


I forgot to photograph the appetizer! It was probably the most unusual looking one too...bummer.

Chestnut Soup
From Winter Ball


Palate Cleanser (A candy shell on top of a small bowl of mango sorbet, all on top of a large ice cube with a light inside)
From Winter Ball


Main Course
From Winter Ball


Dessert
From Winter Ball


My totally cool hair :-)
From Winter Ball


From Winter Ball


The three of us :-)
From Winter Ball


Full length shot of my dress after we got home
From Winter Ball


My Dashing '30s Husband
From Winter Ball


A fun night out for all :0)
From Winter Ball



Last note, if you're wondering about Nathan's almost clean shaven face, our school this month had a No Shave November men bonding thing, and they all grew quite hairy. For fun, Nathan decided to get a haircut and shave completely (something that has only happened once since he graduated high school over 10 years ago!) We've been laughing at all of the different reactions, and the different famous people people say he looks similar to. Who do you think of?

4 comments:

denisemayen said...

I love your hair! What a fabulous job and what a fun excuse to get so dolled up.

Sweet Lil' Mama said...

Omg! you look amazing! Simply stunning! That dress was beautiful. I hardly recognize Nathan! I don't even remember what he looks like w/o the beard and long hair. Such a beautiful couple! Oh and congrats on the news that you are having a BOY!!! That's amazing! =-0 When will you guys be in the states again? <3 alex

David said...

I'm glad the baby, Nathan & you had such a good time. You look beautiful & Nathan looks classy.
Love, Dad

Jeremy Carman said...

Miss you guys, too. Wish we could've gone...