Friday, October 14, 2011

Observant

My child is incredibly observant. She has been showing me in many different ways lately, but this one stuck out to me as it was never anything we said or did.

On our last trip to America, Korean Air gave Lizbeth a small cloth bag of stickers and things. When we got off the plane, I quickly crammed several miscellaneous items into the bag and carried it off with everything else. When we returned home, after unpacking, somehow this little bag of stickers and cards and things never really got emptied. Instead, someone at some point decided to hang it on her doornob. It was never intentional, and actually kind of annoyed me as it seemed very out of place.

This last week I was given a psycho second trimester burst of energy and decided I couldn't put up with the house any longer (more on that in my next post). Of the many things I took care of that day, this bag was finally (four months later) emptied of it's belongings. I considered throwing the bag out but thought Lizbeth might actually want to play with it. I called her over, handed the bag into her delighted hands, and went back to work.

A few minutes I heard her struggling with something and found her trying to re-hang the bag on the door nob! I didn't even realize she knew it had been there, but somehow she thought that was where it belonged! Instead of playing with it as I had thought she would, she decided to "put it away".

The bag continues to hang on the door nob.

From Oct 2011

1 comment:

David said...

Ruth,
Lizzy sure is observant. It is cute that she tried to put the bag away.
Love,
Dad