Monday, July 11, 2011

The Answer Is...

Ice Cubes. In China, Yogurt is a much thinner dairy product that people often drink. Since the other two items are also drinks, "ice cubes" is the one that doesn't belong.

The funniest answer I got was "Yogurt, because it is a suspension and the others are all solutions." When I laughed he told me he seriously thinks that way. Crazy scientists :-)

I also liked the "Yogurt, because it is the only dairy item" response.

Just thought this was such a great example of cultural bias. Good job Denise for thinking with such an Asian mind! :-)

2 comments:

denisemayen said...

Hoorah! I have the Smiths to thank for that little bit of Asian trivia. I remembered Kim mentioning drinking yogurt in China instead of eating it with a spoon.

p&k said...

Thanks for the credit, Denise! (I had suspected all along that you got that tidbit of knowledge from us!!)