Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Travels

Last week Lizbeth and I took our first trip on our own. Our good friends up in Tianjin hadn't met Lizbeth yet, and suddenly I realized that with them only a five hour train ride away there was nothing stopping me from jetting up there overnight to hang out. (Nothing except busy schedules, I mean)

So after securing a train up there and a flight back, off we went.

Lizbeth sitting on the train
From November 2010


Kim and Patrick are friends from home in Austin. They first told us about the company way back in 2006. They were home for awhile, and decided to help us move into our house. We thought it was so cool that they lived in China...I guess it wore off on us!

Now they have two kids, and we have one, and we all live in China. A couple of times a year Patrick has a business trip down here, and we get to catch up a little, but it's never enough. We're trying to convince them to move down to beautiful Qingdao, although secretly I think Tianjin is pretty cool (and so much cheaper than Qingdao!)

Here Kim is reading a book to all three kids. I really like this book, it's called Where's Baby's Belly Button and it was interesting to all three ages. Lizbeth 6mths, Keturah almost 2yrs, Moyer 3 1/2yrs.
From November 2010


You can catch more pics of our visit on their blog here

1 comment:

p&k said...

fun post!

(hey, and we love visitors!!)