Friday, August 28, 2009

So Much to Blog About, So Little Time...

Things have been busy here the past few months, and blog worthy subjects have been adding up. So...I thought I'd take a few minutes and catch up a few from the past week.

Yesterday was my birthday, but rather than celebrate it I got to be at work from 7:00 AM to 9:30 PM...it was our Back to School Open House Night. That's okay though, because I love social events and actually enjoy meeting my students' parents. (I know, I know, what a nerd am I!) My students were very sweet all day and I got many birthday wishes and even some flowers from a parent!

From August


And my wonderful, absolutely amazing husband surprised me with a brand new digital camera! It is so awesome! I love love love it. Thank you Darling!

From August


My chinese learning has slowed down since I haven't had lessons in so long, but I was still able to have a whole conversation with our helper on Wednesday. I had been wanting to ask her to buy, wash, and cut up some fruit for us to eat at school. Since we have to really wash our fruit well and always work, we almost never have time to prepare fruit to eat even though we really like it. Well, she asked me what kinds of fruit we liked, and I listed the ones that I know the names of in Chinese. I'm not sure what all I said, but this is what we came home to today:

From August


In case you can't tell, that's five containers of fruit. Watermelon, grapes, apples, peaches, and something else. There's also mangos and more peaches in the drawer. Oh, and we'd already eaten a bowl of pears at the time of this photo. Oh, my! We may have some translation issues.

Today was Color Day at school. Every student and staff is put in a "House" when they come to our school (essentially lifelong teams) that compete every year in various competitions. We are in the green house (I know, our name is Greene, why do you think they put us on that team?) and for color day you're supposed to wear as much of your color as possible. The elementary principal may have gone too far... :-) I just had to take a picture (with my BRAND NEW CAMERA!). I think he's actually glowing.

From August


The teams take things quite seriously, and pranks went on all day. Here is a photo of one our team pulled. The sign behind it previously said "Welcome to QMIS"

From August


The building I work in was remodeled over the summer, and my classroom is now awesome. I love it so much and one day will have pictures of it for you. The newest improvement to our building though was completed just yesterday--a brand new Fine Arts Macintosh Lab! Ahhh!!! It's so pretty...I am now able to teach Photojournalism and Art and Technology without having to fight MUN for lab space. Yay! And the screens are so big it gives me a headache to look at them!

From August


From August


From August

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Happy, happy (belated) birthday, dear, sweet Ruth! We love you and miss you guys!

Next time we're here, dinner is on us... at Chick-fil-a, of course. Looks like Elise is carrying on the Cunha tradition of free stuff!