Friday, August 7, 2009

Back to School

Today was the first day back to work. It's so hard to believe the summer is actually over. Where did it go? Oh, that's right. We visited four different cities (one of them twice), had my parents visit, had Nathan's friend visit, and moved. Not to mention four weeks of intensive Chinese. :-)

I came home from work today on the early bus today, and yet I'm so exhausted tonight it's all I can do to stay awake until a reasonable time to go to bed. We've had a terrible time getting our bodies back on an early schedule (once school starts we'll be getting up at 5:30 every morning), which is probably part of the reason I'm so tired. The other reason is that I've had a head cold for the past week and a half and I can't seem to quite get over it. Tonight has been the first I've been able to swallow without wincing.

I guess it's not unexpected then that I'm having a hard time getting excited for the school year to start. Not to mention, I'm already finding out that I'm teaching a larger load than I was expecting. At least one more prep than last year, and they're thinking about adding another. Who knew that teaching Sex Ed makes you a candidate for teaching MS health?

On the other hand though, my classroom looks fantastic! I am so excited about it. Over the summer the school completely remodeled it. I now have cabinets on two walls of my classroom, an entire cork board wall, a fresh coat of paint, colorful blinds, and two sinks directly in my room (two new ones next door too!) Hurray!

No comments: