Thursday, October 30, 2008

PT Conferences

This week is Parent Teacher Conferences. They have been very interesting! As a first year teacher, and that of an elective class, I was not sure what to expect. It is actually a great chance to meet the parents and hear what their students tell them about our classes.

The most unique one was a parent who brought me cookies because her son tells her I often look tired during his class! I wasn't sure what to think of that. Sweet of her to think of me, but not exactly the persona I want to be giving to my students!

However, most of the conferences have been very good. They vary from whether they should look for art as a major in college for their child (a sixth grader), to how professional and nice I look today. :-) It is fun to get to meet the parents and hear their perspectives on things. For example, I was concerned that I was not making the 6th grade class interesting enough, but one parent said she is very glad that I am teaching it in an academic manner focusing on the elements and principles of art. Another couple parents discussed ways to help their children focus during class.

Well, one more to go, but not until later today. For now, it's off to painting more sets!

No comments: