Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Is Sleep Really So Important?

Last weekend Nathan and I helped with the High School Lock-in. Perhaps that is why I have not blogged recently--I still feel as though I'm catching up on sleep! It was a great night. Both the students and the teachers seemed to really enjoy themselves! However, the aftermath was a little rough. Most of our students are already incredibly sleep deprived (many regularly sleep only a couple hours a night, and all-nighters are not uncommon) and this certainly didn't help things. Here's a pic of the morning after to give you an idea.

From GirlTravelOR


The morning sunrise was incredible! The air was so clear you could see the islands off the coast. We have a really pretty campus and I tried to capture some of the morning light. Unfortunately I was about five minutes too late before I found our camera. Much of the color had already left the sky but a few of turned out okay I think. The building with the dome on top is the fine arts building, and the room directly below the dome is my classroom. You can also find a few more pics on my picasa page.

From GirlTravelOR


From GirlTravelOR


It was a relief to go home when six AM finally rolled around but by this point I was so hopped up on sugar and coffee it was hard for me to sleep. I was so awake I went home and watched The Notebook before finally drifting off at 10:00 AM. Recovering has been a little rough. It seems I'm not as young as I once was...actually I never recovered well from these things! Just ask my mom.

No comments: