Monday, August 24, 2015

Where Am I?

So, a flurry of posts, and then almost two weeks without one.  "What happened?" you might ask?

I started teaching.

Now, maybe many of you don't know, but I never planned to come back and teach this year.  In fact, I got rid of 90% of my professional clothes over the last two moves we made.  Making the last 3 blouses and 2 black skirts work four days a week has been a challenge.

BUT, we are currently in immediate need of an elementary teacher.  Over the past two years, BOTH of our full time art teachers have moved away, leaving just one local staff behind.  So, after being asked by the Head Principal, the Preschool Principal, many parents and fellow staff members, then finally the Elementary Principal, I agreed to teach for the first six weeks while hopefully they can find another full time Art Teacher.

Anyone interested in teaching abroad?  Know of someone who might be?  We would love to hear from you.

I am actually really enjoying teaching again, but with two little ones and a husband in masters, it is not a sustainable position for me right now.  Plus, as part time, I can't fully meet their needs even as it is.  How full time working moms do it, I will never know.  It is exhausting! 

So if it is a little quiet on here, you'll understand why.  I have lots of pictures to update you all on, but not the time to do it.  Alas, always the problem.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Yikes! I have a love/hate relationship with teaching. Especially under harried circumstances! I love that you have this opportunity again, just for a short time. And I pray it WILL be a short time!

Unknown said...

Dear Ruth,

I will be praying for a new art teacher. While it's fine to be teaching, I agree that now is NOT the best time.

I'll be praying that they find a new teacher so you can be a full-time mom again.

I love you,

Becky

Unknown said...

Still praying for the school to hire a new teacher for you, Ruth. Hang in there. ---Becky