Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Thank you God

This morning was cold.  Bone chilling cold.  Thankfully, my Chinese helper had texted me this morning to give me the heads up so I knew to put "enough" clothes on Lizbeth (I put "enough" in quotes because it means different things to different people.  I had her in 3 layers along with a scarf, gloves, and hat.  A Chinese child would have had 7 layers).

Despite the cold, as we were climbing the large hill that runs by the ocean on the way to the school bus, Lizbeth stopped for a minute to take in the view.  The bitter cold winds had blown away any semblance of fog or pollution, and the air was beautifully clear, the ocean breathtakingly blue.  Lizbeth drew in a deep breath and declared, "Mama, the ocean is SO BEAUTIFUL today!" Then she threw her chin into the air and said "Thanks God!"

What a sweet girl.  Thank you God indeed for a beautiful day.

2 comments:

April R. said...

Childlike faith. What a sweetheart! You are raising a Godly daughter!

David said...

Ruth,
Thank you & Nathan for all you do with your children.