Monday, October 8, 2012

Solid Foods

As mentioned recently, Matthew finally convinced me to start him on solid foods.  I was trying to wait until six months, but he would scream through dinner and tried to grab anything I put in my mouth. 

Funny story, I actually decided to start him on solids once I realized his thrust reflex was completely gone.  He showed me this by delivering a significant piece of McDonald's wrapper in his diaper one day...what a great mom I am :-)  I honestly had no idea he had actually gotten a piece of it in his mouth the day before.

He took to actual solid foods like a duck takes to water.

From 2012.9 September


From 2012.9 September


From 2012.9 September


I think he likes it :-)

He now cries when we go out for dinner and I forget to take a little something for him too. :-)

1 comment:

Diana said...

Cute. Wish I had thought to take pictures when Nathan got his first bit of food...

He was sitting on my lap. I was eating an apple. He watched me bring it to my mouth several times as I was talking to John's Mom. Then he all of a sudden grabbed my hand with both his and brought the apple to his mouth and started chomping.

You'd think I had been starving him!