Thursday, October 4, 2012

I'm Back!

I've had every intention of giving you all a good picture post as both kids are just so adorable and I haven't had any pictures on here is SOOOO long.  However, I haven't been able to reach blogger long enough to post in weeks!  So, here's a quick update, and if I still have a connection, I'll do my best to follow it with some pics.

Matthew is nearly 6 months old (next week!)  He's very close to being able to sit, just started rice cereal, is always hungry, and still wakes up 2-4 times a night...needless to say, we're a bit exhausted, but he makes up for it with his adorable grins and constant enthusiasm for people.

Lizbeth is just about potty trained (again!)  You may remember she was potty trained 7 months ago, and then gave up on it.  Since then, we've had serious issues with poo in the toilet, but we may just about be there.  We just started a sticker chart yesterday and if she gets to 100 she gets a bike!  She has been wanting one forever but with our tightened finances we have been waiting.  We were going to get one for her 2nd bday but her poor little legs weren't long enough to reach the peddles of any bike we could find.  We're actually probably going to get her a balance bike, but we'll see.  She is super excited and we hear a lot of "I go poopy, I get a bike!"  Every 10 stickers she gets a smaller prize, like icecream out or a small toy.

You might also remember that Lizbeth had her photos done last spring by a Chinese company.  They were super eager to use her again and have even added me into the mix.  If you want to see some very Chinesey advertising (look at the English on the pics) go to:

www.qingdaoertong.com

You can click on the pics of us to open up the series.

And since I'm not posting any real pics, I'll paint an adorable word picture for you of Lizbeth tonight.  A sweet relative of ours gave Lizbeth a beautiful pair of pink leather cowgirl boots this summer.  Lizbeth LOVES them and wears them every chance she can.  We don't usually wear shoes in the house, but today I caught her marching around the house in just the shoes and a pink and white pair of panties holding a meter long stick she found a few days ago.  So cute, but probably wouldn't post the mostly nude 2 year old here anyways.  :-)

Hope you are all doing great!  We miss you!

1 comment:

Diana said...

Well, if I had gone out here I would have been able to pic up the pics from here, but as it is I waited to long and they are no longer there. Oh, well, I have a beautiful calendar now. Honestly, I'll put this on my calendar to check one in awhile so I can stay caught up!!