Friday, June 1, 2012

Chinese Style Pictures

For Lizbeth's 2nd Birthday my Chinese helper wanted to arrange professional pictures of Lizbeth.  She knew of a company that was looking for a foreign face to hang on their studio wall for advertising, and therefore would give us a good deal.  The following photo shoot and CD, which should have cost $350 USD only cost about 30...even though I'm not a fan of all the pictures, it was definitely a good deal and a pretty good experience.  And they want us to come back when Matthew is a little older for free...

It was a little bit frustrating at first communicating with them through my Chinese helper (who also doesn't speak English).  We were told to bring white leather shoes, which I had to buy, and then they didn't use.  We also were told to bring three outfits, which they also didn't use.  And we were told they were going to take pictures of all of us and so Nathan should come too...but they didn't.  Regardless, it went fairly smoothly and it was a good thing Nathan was there as he is the best at getting Lizbeth to smile and I could focus on Matthew.

As you see the pictures, keep in mind Chinese have a different idea about cute baby outfits and photos...you'll notice Lizbeth in a wedding outfit at the end--some of those pictures are absolutely gorgeous but the veil still makes me cringe a little...

Oh, well. 

Since I'm sick and exhausted, the pictures are in a slide show this time.  Hope you can still enjoy, and laugh.  Don't worry.  I did. :-)

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Beautiful pictures but you're right... the veil is just bizarre!

Unknown said...

the wedding outfit seems less strange if you think of it as she is dressing up as a flower girl for a really fancy wedding =)

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh, your girl is adorable! You guys are so blessed :)

Europe Adventure said...

Adorable, I thought of flower girl when I saw them too.

Molly B. said...

They're beautiful. I was wondering who was drinking the wine though. The veil reminded me of back in the day - first communion - we used to have to wear crazy little doilies and such on our heads.....