Thursday, April 21, 2011

This Week I'm...

planning a memorial.

Can one say exhausting? I volunteered after someone recommended me. It makes sense, I'm not working full time, and I don't have older children to help grieve themselves.

Never did I imagine all the emotional and mental work this takes. I've done okay recently in the grieving process. Still heartbroken, but controlled. Able to separate it from my daily tasks. But planning, writing, organizing, e-mailing, coordinating...so many details...today there were many tears.

We're working to translate as much as possible into Chinese and some into Korean. Of course, I don't do the actual translating. Just have to get the right pieces to the right people, recollect, format, and put it all together.

Many of the songs and translations will be on slides. Have to get all of that organized and off to the person putting together the slide show.

Things have to be printed, folded, cut. Not at school to do it, so once again delegating and organizing.

Buses have to be organized. People have to be informed. I think I have over fifty e-mails in my inbox just from today, just about this event.

And then I've been doing my own searching. Looking for pictures, typing out thoughts, want to get it together to give to them, to share just a few more memories with them.

Remembering. Remembering the first time I met them. Attending Pre-field Orientation with them. Finding out we would be sent to the same city. Visiting Niagra Falls together. Taking pictures together with them, of them...

Scattered memories, scattered thoughts. So many little pieces...

No comments: