Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I'm Exhausted

Last week Nathan had the flu. It was for the second half of his spring break, so rather than be concerned for him, I was more frustrated about losing his spring break to sickness.

Sunday, it hit me. Wow. This thing is terrible! Fever, chills, pain every part of your body, so dizzy you can barely stand up...uhg. Only Nathan had to go back to work on Monday, leaving me terribly sick with a very busy infant (did I mention she's walking now?)

Then, yesterday and today, I'm FINALLY starting to feel a little better...and Lizbeth decides to start getting up at 4:30 AM (and I mean AWAKE) and swearing off naps. All of yesterday she slept for about one hour and twenty minutes, then 10 minutes in the afternoon! Are you kidding me?

To top it off, I was up late doing taxes last night (don't judge me, I actually did them weeks ago but the program crapped out on me), today I have to take her to get her shots, have a two hour Chinese class at my house, clean house, and host a baby shower tomorrow...we're praying for better naps today.

On the up side...I have never felt so cared for by my community! I have had four people go shopping for me, one take Lizbeth for awhile, one make me soup, one buy me lunch...and many more offers of whatever I need.

Even better than that, my chinese helper has come early and left late both days this week so she can take Lizbeth out in the afternoon and still wash the dishes and cook dinner. Did I mention she's AMAZING?

Now if only I could get some sleep...nope, got to start on the laundry.

No comments: