Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween

From 2010Oct


Halloween over here is a bit different, since it is mainly an American tradition. I'm not sure most Chinese even know what it is. But the American families over here decided to make it fun anyways and there was a huge party in our housing complex, complete with carnival games like fishing for candy and picking the duck with the star on it. Later that night friends had set up a trick or treating route, and we checked out a few of the apartments (I had a fever and wasn't up to more than a couple homes, plus I really just wanted to show off my cute baby!)

Lizbeth's costume has a story behind it. Right now we are in the midst of a baby boom here in Qingdao, with four of the expat families in our company giving birth to babies in the year of the Tiger. Lizbeth was the first, and the last was born at the end of September. Well, one of our friends found Tiger outfits and gave them to all of us at my baby shower. Immediately, I thought, Halloween! What's better than orange and black? So I added black tights and a black onesie, making it season appropriate, and tada! So cute, right?

Unfortunately, it seemed a little lacking without a hat, but I still think it's great.

Playing with Daddy
From 2010Oct


From 2010Oct


Our wonderful friend who gifted the costume
From 2010Oct


Playing the games
From 2010Oct


Trick or Treating!
From 2010Oct


Mimi says Lizbeth is cuter than both of us, I have to say I agree :-)
From 2010Oct


No event would be complete without our friends the Carmans!
From 2010Oct


Of course, Lizbeth kept wanting to eat her wings
From 2010Oct


Anna loves to make Lizbeth laugh, and Lizbeth loves Anna!
From 2010Oct


All four Expat Tiger Babies, taken September 25th, the day after baby Maya, the youngest was born
From 2010September

1 comment:

Joanne said...

It is so bizarre how your baby looks like she has some chinese thrown into the mix! Cute pics... glad Lizbeth got to experience halloween too.