Sunday, March 28, 2010

Yellow Watermelon


Our Ayi has been buying, washing, and cutting up fruit for us since I got pregnant, which has been a huge blessing! It is so much easier to get your vitamins when they're all prepared for you!

Sometimes she brings home new fruits we've never heard of or seen, and a couple of weeks ago, this was it. The name is literally, "yellow melon from the west" (regular watermelon is called "western melon"), but I've never seen it in the west! I was a little worried to try it out. It is so florescent I was wondering what kind of hormones/chemicals/biohazards they created it with :-) However, the taste is nearly identical to a regular watermelon, maybe just a little sweeter. The texture is the same too, the only annoying part is that it is riddled with about twice as many and smaller black seeds than a regular watermelon. Regardless, we love it as a treat to snack on after a long day at work.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I need an Ayi! I've seen those watermelons here, but never tried one as they're usually crazy expensive.