Friday, November 7, 2008

Late Nights...

So it's 1:00 AM here and I'm still up. Amazing since I've been up since just past five. Adrenaline will do that to you. Way to go Fiddler Cast--you are amazing! Only one more performance to go!

Actually, it works out well because it's actually late enough to call home. I think the time difference has been the hardest thing since moving here. Oregon is a sixteen hour difference, which means that to call in my evening, their morning, I have to stay up to 12:00 AM just for it to be 8:00 AM there. If I want to call in the morning, not only do we never have time (we've never been early risers) but weekdays we have to leave by 6:30 AM. This means we'd have to call by 6:00, which is only 2:00 PM there and few are home that time of the day. So it's Friday night or Saturday mornings for us. And everyone knows how busy weekends are.

Skype is a wonderful tool however. We can call Skype to Skype for free, and to call a phone is only 2.5 cents per minute! I don't know how people lived overseas before our millennium. Especially before e-mail. We are still tying up loose ends back home. Thank Goodness for my sister who is absolutely amazing at helping us get stuff done on that side of the world! Well, I am hoping to call one more friend before I find my pillow, so I shall sign off for now.

No comments: