Monday, April 19, 2010

And again...

Today I'm home sick...again. I can't believe how many times I've gotten sick this year! I know they say pregnancy lowers your immune system, but what always surprises me is how quickly and out of the blue it comes over me. I had a rather calm week last week with no students, I got lots of rest over the weekend, there's not a rash of illnesses going through the school that I know of, and nobody else close to me is sick either. Where did this come from? I feel so healthy the rest of the time, and overall I've had a great pregnancy.

My husband is sweet though. I got up at the normal time (okay, a few minutes late) and began getting ready as I tried to decide the best course of action to take for the day. As it became clear I would not be making it to work today, and I had made the necessary phone calls to inform pertinent people, I gave up on looking presentable. Instead, I stayed in my bathrobe, pulled my hair back, and worked to help Nathan get out the door on time.

Nothing fancy today for breakfast, I just reheated some pancakes I had cooked over the weekend and spread them with butter and jam. But as I handed them to Nathan at the door, he smiled and said, "I know you're sick, but you just look so cute. Bathrobe, belly sticking out the front, handing me my breakfast. Just add a toddler on the hip and this is from three years down the road." I looked down at my white socked feet and laughed. Let me tell you, only one in love could think this sick body was anywhere close to cute. I love my husband.

1 comment:

p&k said...

stinkin' sweet!